Saturday, August 21, 2021

Psalms 25:11

Psalms 25:11 says, For thy name’s sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.  David asked God to pardon his great iniquity for the sake of God's name.  When God pardons our sins, whether great or small, it is God's name that is glorified and not ours.  Verse twelve asks, What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.  David asked who was the man who would fear the LORD, and said that it was the one who allowed God to show him God's way.  It is always our choice.  Verse thirteen adds, His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.  David said the person who chose to follow God would live at ease and that his or her descendants would inherent the earth.  If we look back to the beginning of creation, God placed the earth in the care of and under the control of mankind.  I believe this was what David was referring to, and not to claiming all the riches of the world.   Verse fourteen declares, The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.  We cannot discover God's secret or truly understand His covenant without Him revealing it to us, and the only way it is revealed to us is by putting our faith in Jesus Christ.  Verse fifteen states, Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net. David said his eyes were continually on God, Who would pluck him out of the snares of life.  If we keep our eyes continually focused on God,  we will never fall into the traps of sin.  Verse sixteen adds, Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.  David was asking God to look at him in his desolation and affliction and not for God to turn to David's way.  We need to continually be in prayer to God, but especially so when things seem desolate or we are suffering affliction.  Verse seventeen continues, The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.  Verse eighteen concludes, Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.  David just continues to speak of the great distress that he is in.  Sometimes, the world may seem to be overwhelming us, but if that happens, we need to call out to God.  Verse nineteen says, Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.  David asked God to consider his enemies, which he said were many and that they hated him.  David was a great and powerful king, but he recognized that God was the source of his strength, and so must we today.  Verse twenty adds,  O kee!p my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.  David asked God to keep his soul and deliver him.  He asked that he not be ashamed of putting his faith in God, because God was the One Who delivered him from his enemies.  Through faith in Jesus Christ, God has already delivered us to victory over all our enemies, so we should never be ashamed to say so.  Verse twenty-one declares, Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.  David asked God to help him live in integrity and uprightness.   David knew he couldn't do this by his own ability.  We need to put our faith in God and wait on Him to show us the way he wants us to live our life.  Verse twenty-two adds, Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.  David then asked God to redeem Israel out of all his troubles.   We should be in prayer not only for ourselves but for everyone, and especially for God's people who may be in distress, wherever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment