Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Psalms 69:13'

Psalms 69:13 says, But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.  David said that his prayer to God was that at an acceptable time God would hear his prayer through the truth of his salvation.  When we pray to God, it must be through the truth of our salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and we must be content for God to answer in His acceptable time.  Verse fourteen adds, Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.  David asked God to deliver him from the murky situation he was in and from those who hated him.  If we find ourselves in a bad situation today, we should pra for God to deliver us, but if  He does not, we also need to remember that He has already given us everlasting deliverance if we are Christians.  Verse fifteen continues, Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.  David asked God to not allow Him to be defeated forever, and as already stated, we have the assurance that God will never allow this to happen to us if we have put our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.  Verse sixteen states, Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.  David asked God to hear him, not because of David's goodness, but because off the mercy and lovingkindness of God.  We cannot appeal to God because of our own goodness, but must appeal to Him because of His mercy and lovingkindness.  Even as Christians, we cannot stand by our own worthiness, but must stand by faith in Jesus Christ alone.  Verse seventeen adds, And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.  David asked God to not turn away from him because he was in trouble and needed God's help quickly.  It we are in trouble because of our faith in Christ today, we need to ask God for help, but we need to be content to wait for His answer as well.  Verse eighteen continues, Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of mine enemies.  David asked God to draw close to him and redeem him from his enemies, and as followers of Christ, God has already done this for us.  We are forever in God's presence and forever redeemed, no matter what is going on in our life.  Verse nineteen says, Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all before thee.  David said that God already knew what was happening in his life, and God already knows what is going on in ours.  If we are reproached by the world, we need to realize that this is to be expected, since Jesus Christ Himself was as well.  Verse twenty adds, Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.  Like David, it may seem that there is no one who looks to comfort us,but as long as we remain faithful to God in end it does not matter.  Verse twenty-one declares, They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.  This is a reference to what happened to Christ on the cross.  We will never suffer more for Jesus Christ than He suffered for us.  Verse twenty-two adds, Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.  David asked that the things that his enemies, and God's enemies, thought to be blessings become a trap to them.  People who deny God and put their faith in the things of this world, even if they become really rich, will one day realize what a trap this was.  Verse twenty-three continues, Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake. David asked that God make his enemies weak and helpless.  God has already done that to our enemies today if we put our faith in Jesus Christ.  Verse twenty-four concludes, Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them.  David asked God to deal with his enemies.  Those who refuse to accept the salvation of Christ will one day face the judgment of God instead of coming to Him through the mercy He showed them by Jesus Christ dying for their sins on the cross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment