Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Psalms 66:11

Psalms 66:11 says, Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.  David was still talking about God purifying the people of Israel through trials.  Verse twelve adds, Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.  David said that even though God allowed them to be purified by trials that He brought them through the trials to a wealthy place.  As followers of Christ, God may allow us to go through trials of faith in this lifetime, but He will bring us through to our heavenly home.  Verse thirteen states, I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows,  David said that he would keep his vows to God and worship Him, as we must today as Christians even when we are going through trials in life.  Verse fourteen adds, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.  David said that these vows were spoken when he was in trouble.  If we make a vow to God in times of trouble, we need to be sure that we fulfill that vow when God delivers us out of the trouble.  Even though our salvation is secure through our faith in Jesus Christ, God still expects us to be faithful in carrying out promises made to Him, even those made in times of trouble.  Verse fifteen continues, I will offer unto thee burnt sacrifices of fatlings, with the incense of rams; I will offer bullocks with goats. Selah.  David said that he would offer burnt sacrifices to God.  Today, we know that it really isn't the burnt offerings that are important, but our faithfulness to God that is.  The burnt offerings were just a sign of faithfulness to God.  Verse sixteen declares, Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.  David asked anyone who feared or believed in God to come and hear what God had done for him.  We should be ready to share what God has done for us today, not only with those who believe in God and salvation through Jesus Christ, but with anyone that we meet.  Verse seventeen adds, I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.  David said he praised God with his words, and so should we.  Verse eighteen says, If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:  David said that if He allowed iniquity in his heart that God would not hear Him. Even as Christians, we cannot expect to hold on to evil in our heart and expect God to hear our prayers until we confess that evil and ask for His forgiveness.  Verse nineteen adds, But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.  David said that God heard him, and God will hear us today when we cry out to Him in faith and obedience.  Verse twenty concludes, Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.  David said he blessed, or praised, God for hearing his prayers.  We today need to always praise God for hearing our prayers, even in the midst of trials and tribulations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment