Saturday, September 18, 2021

Psalms 43:1

 Psalms 43:1 says, Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.  David called for God to plead his cause against an ungodly nation and asked God to judge him and deliver him from deceitful and unjust men.  One day, God is going to judge everyone, and the only way to not be judged as deceitful and unjust is by putting our faith in Jesus Christ.  When God's judgment comes, followers of Christ will be delivered from an ungodly land forever.  Verse two adds, For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?  David was evidently feeling a little sorry for himself, asking why God, the source of his strength, had cast him off.  We may sometimes be the same way, but we need not feel sorry for ourselves, because no matter what happens, God never casts off or abandons those who are His through their faith in Jesus Christ.  Even when everything in life may seem to be going wrong, God is always with us if we are Christians.  Verse three states, O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.  God has already done what David asked Him to do.  He has sent out His truth and light through Jesus Christ.  David asked God to allow His truth and light to guide him to God's holy hill and tabernacle.  One day, God will bring us to His everlasting place of worship, and until then, no matter what may be going on in our life, we need to always give Him our praise.  Verse four adds, Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.  David said that when God sent His light and truth, then he would go to the altar of God and be exceedingly joyful and sing praises to Him.  God has sent His light and truth, Jesus Christ, into the world already today, and if we accept Him as our Savior and Lord, then we should be exceedingly joyful and give our praise to Him.  We should gather together as believers in Christ and sing our praises to Him.  Verse five asks, Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.  David asked why his soul was cast down and disquieted.  If we are cast down and disquieted in our soul today as Christians, we need to ask ourselves the same question.  Through our faith in Jesus Christ, God has already given us everlasting salvation, so why should we be worried about the things of this world?  David then said he would praise God, Who was the health of his countenance and his God.  Like David, if we are feeling cast down and disquieted, we need to simply look to God and give Him our praise.  The things of this world should never come between God and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment