Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Psalms 40:10

Psalms 40:10 says, I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.  David said that he had not kept the righteousness of God to himself, but he had declared it to the congregation.  We are to share the truth of God with all those around us and not keep it hidden for our benefit only.  Veree eleven adds, Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.  David asked that God not withhold His tender mercies and lovingkindness from him.  As Christians, as long as we are faithful to God, He will never withhold His lovingkindness and mercy from us.  Verse twelve continues, For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.  David, called a man after God's own heart, said that innumerable evils had fallen on him and that his own iniquity made it impossible for him to even look up.  David, even though he was at times very faithful, recognized his own times of giving in to sin.  We as followers of Christ are not perfect and may at times fail to live up to our calling, but we are forever forgiven by our faith in Him.  Verse thirteen states, Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.  David asked that if it pleased God that He deliver him from his situation and his sins I believe.  We can never demand that God deliver us from our situation or or sins, but must always put everything in His hands.  Verse fourteen adds, Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.  David asked God to give him victory over his enemies, and as Christians God has already given us everlasting victory over all our enemies, even if times in life they seem victorious.  Verse fifteen continues, Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.  David asked that those who mocked him because of his faith be put to shame.  Those who mock or make fun of Christians today will be put to shame when God's judgment comes, and we need to be content with this promise.  Verse sixteen declares, Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.  David asked that those who sought the LORD continually magnify, or praise Him.  As followers of Christ, we need to continually magnify God in our everyday life.  Verse seventeen adds, But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.  David, a man known for his great power and faith, declared himself to be poor and needy and asked God, Who was his help and deliverer, to not tarrying in helping him.  As Christians, the Holy Spirit is always with us, and we need to simply live knowing that God has already delivered us to everlasting life with Him.  The evil of the world can never defeat us as long as we remain faithful to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment