Sunday, September 12, 2021

Psalms 38:12

 Psalms 38:12 says, They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. David said his enemies sought to hurt him all day long.  We may feel at times that the whole world is out to destroy us because of our faith, but God is always with us.  Verse thirteen adds, But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.  David said he was as a deaf man, not hearing their threats.  We should likewise be deaf to the world's threats today and simply stay focused on God.  Verse fourteen continues, Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.  David said since he not didn't hear them, he offered no reproofs for what they were saying.  There is no reason for us to be caught up in arguments with those who deny God.  We simply need to continue to witness by faith.  Verse fifteen declares, For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.  David said that since his hope was in the LORD, he would only listen to Him.  If we are to be obedient to God today, we need to tune out the world and listen to God.  Verse sixteen adds, For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.  David asked God to hear Him and guide him, so that he wouldn't fall and his enemies magnify themselves over him.  The world today delights when a Christian falters, but we as followers of Christ should not.  We need to ask as David did that God hear us and guide us, so that we might not falter in our faith.  Verse seventeen states, For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.  David said he felt ready to give up.  Sometimes, we may feel that we can't go on, but as long as we put our faith in God He will give us the ability to do so.  Verse eighteen adds, For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.  David said he would acknowledge and be sorry for his sins.  We must not only acknowledge our sins, but we must be truly sorry for them.  We can never have a cavalier attitude toward sin simply because we know that through our faith in Christ that our sins are all forgiven.  Verse nineteen says, But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.  David said he enemies, who wrongfully hated him, seemed to be multiplying.  The number of people who wrongfully hate Christians today does seem to be multiplying, but God is still with us.  Verse twenty adds,They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.  David said those who gave evil for good were his enemies, because he followed the way that was good.  No matter what, we as Christians must follow God's way, or the way that is good.  Verse twenty-one asks, Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.  David asked God not to forsake him or be far from him.  As followers of Christ, we know that God will never forsake us and He is always with us through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  Verse twenty-two adds, Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.  David asked God to help him quickly and declared Him to be His LORD and salvation.   As Christians, we should always pray for His guidance and deliverance, since He is our Lord and our salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment