Sunday, July 25, 2021

Psalms 7:1

Psalms 7:1 says, Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite.  There is an introduction telling what David wrote this about, then verse one says, O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:  David said he put his trust in the LORD to save him from all his enemies.  We need to have that same trust in God today.  God does not save us from some enemies, but from all, no matter what happens in this lifetime.   Verse two adds, Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.  David recognized that his strength came from God.  Even though he may have been viewed as powerful by the world, David recognized God as his source of strength, and so should we.  Verse three states, O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;  David also recognized that he was not perfect.  He asked that God judge whether he had been guilty of any sin.  We are not the judge of whether or not we have sinned, but God is and we should ask Him daily to judge our actions.  Verse four adds, If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)  David asked God to judge whether he had misused people.  We are still responsible for treating people fairly even as followers of Christ, or maybe more so.  Verse five continues, Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.  David said that if he was guilty of any of these things, then God should allow his enemies to defeat him.  We need to be honest in our relationship with God, and ask Him to judge our actions.  Verse six declares, Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.  David asked God to come against his enemies in judgment and power.  We today are instructed to pray for our enemies, but even so, we need to ask God for His strength when we are confronted by them.  Verse seven adds, So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.  David continues to ask God to help him and the people of Israel.  Verse eight continues, The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.  Though David asked God to judge him according to his righteousness and integrity, we must ask God to judge us through our relationship with Jesus Christ.  After we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, then we need to come to God with integrity in our relationship with Jesus Christ.  Verse nine concludes, Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.  David asked that God put an end to the wicked and establish the just, those that believed in their relationship to God.  This will one day happen, when Jesus Christ returns in victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment